One New York City waitress received the tip of her life over the weekend according to a source form People.
The waitress serves at Chester, a restaurant in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Carrey is known to frequent the restaurant, and he was even said to have been there earlier in the week. But over the weekend he and a group of his friends were back and enjoying a meal together, and the total for the bill came out to $151.
$225 is almost a 150% tip.
The 54-year-old actor was said to have ordered lemon chicken and a quinoa dish paired with a pinot noir and sparkling water. If he were to leave a normal tip of 20%, that would have totaled out closer to $30. But Jim Carrey isn’t normal, and he’s never claimed to be. The source also said, “Everyone seemed to be in a good mood.”
We love seeing the generous side of celebrities. From Taylor Swifts personalized Christmas gifts to fans last year, to Amy Schumer’s $1000 tip for bartenders on a tab of less than $100, it makes us feel good to know that the people we love love us too.
- Kate Hudson on Date with NFL Player JJ Watt - April 13, 2016
- Jim Carrey Gives Generous $225 Tip Over Weekend in NYC - April 11, 2016
- Kim Kardashian West Launches Kimoji Line - December 21, 2015
- Meghan Trainor and Charlie Puth Shocked AMAs Crowd with Kiss - November 23, 2015
- Lindsay Lohan Finally Begins Court-Ordered Community Service - May 14, 2015
- Ryan Reynolds Not Injured After Paparazzi Hit-and-Run - April 13, 2015
- Adam Levine Dodges Crazy Fan Onstage at Concert - April 8, 2015
- Chris Brown Finds Out He’s a Dad and then Gets Dumped - March 4, 2015
- You’ll Love William and Kate’s New Baby Name - February 10, 2015
- J. Cole Gives Single Moms Free Place to Live - January 29, 2015