We’re right behind you, Jared! Jared Padalecki was feeling the warm glow of his fan love on Sunday, July 12, when the Supernatural panel at Comic-Con was brought to a temporary standstill while the audience paid tribute to the handsome actor’s battle against depression.
The Gilmore Girls alum was overwhelmed when over 7,000 fans honored his brave decision to open up about his personal struggles by unexpectedly lighting candles in the audience, to support his Always Keep Fighting campaign, set up to support those dealing with mental illness, and struggling with depression, addiction, or suicidal thoughts.
As the panel moderators opened up the floor to audience questions, fans raised their faux candles in the air and shouted out a message to their idol: “Always keep fighting!”
“This is so touching and humbling and honoring,” an overwhelmed Padalecki told his fans “I don’t have the proper words to say thank you or how humbled and honored and excited I am and keep it up, guys. Thank y’all so much.” The actor later posted this message to fans on Facebook:
ForeverCeleb Commentary: According to the above article from Yahoo, actor Jared Padalecki was overwhelmed by support from fans at this year’s Comic-Con. His public battle with depression has both helped and inspired his fans, so to see this act of kindness in return warms our hearts.
- Mariah Carey Spends Halloween with Kids, Ex-Husband and New Boyfriend - November 2, 2015
- Aerosmith Threatens Trump for Using “Dream On” at Events - October 12, 2015
- Jersey Shore’s JWoww is Married and Expecting Second Baby - October 4, 2015
- Mattel Creates Limited Edition Zendaya Barbie Doll - September 28, 2015
- Gwen Stefani to Collaborate with Urban Decay in new Makeup Line - September 21, 2015
- Kelly Osbourne Would Consider Return to Show If “Certain People Weren’t There” - August 24, 2015
- Taylor Swift’s Wins Stand Off with Apple - August 22, 2015
- Taylor Swift Dedicates ‘Never Grow Up’ to Her New Godson - August 17, 2015
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Divorce After 17 Years - August 3, 2015
- Zayn Malik Calls DJ a ‘Fat Joke’ on Twitter - July 13, 2015