Leave it to Gwen Stefani to pull off a “first” for Urban Decay. The singer-songwriter, fashion designer, reality television judge, and all-around badass is the beauty brand’s first-ever celebrity collaborator.
The announcement is enough to cause makeup mavens to lose their minds, but just wait until you see what she has in store!
On the day of the official announcement, a small group of editors was invited to get all the exclusive details about the upcoming collaboration and speak with Wende Zomnir, chief creative officer and founding partner of Urban Decay. For any brand, Gwen would be an obvious choice for a collaboration, but how did the partnership finally come to fruition?
“So here’s the Gwen story. I’m living in Laguna and living on the beach in this shack. Literally a shack. And I remember hearing the song ‘I’m Just a Girl,’ and she’s on the cover of some local music magazine, and I remember thinking, ‘That girl’s so cool. I wish I could work with that girl someday. She’s so rad!’ Then I met her a couple of times, so I’d been in touch with her in and out . . . It was never really the right time. It took 20 years, 19 years, but it happened.
And it’s cool because she’s also from Orange County, so we have a lot of the same influences in terms of style and beauty . . . and brows! We had a lot to share,” Wende said.
Wende went on to elaborate about Gwen’s love affair with makeup: she knows what products are used on her, and “she doesn’t leave the house without it,” said Wende. Anyone can tell from just looking at Gwen’s signature red lips, bleached blond retro hair, and signature cat eye that the musician loves makeup and is a beauty icon in her own right.
After ogling what the UDxGwen collaboration has in store for us this year, I watched No Doubt perform at the inaugural Kaaboo Music Festival in Del Mar, CA. On stage, Gwen addressed the crowd: “This is one of my favorite songs I have ever written,” she said before diving into “Magic’s in the Makeup,” a ballad that depicts the conflicting feeling of what’s expected of her versus what she really wants out of life. (Note: if you’re hitting 28 or 29, do yourself a favor and listen to Return of Saturn in full, and thank me later.)
Read the full story by clicking here.
ForeverCeleb Commentary: If there’s no doubt that you love No Doubt lead singer Gwen Stefani and her uniquely rock and roll look, then you are going to love her new line with Urban Decay. According to the article above from PopSugar, the singer will be collaborating on a Makeup line with Urban Decay.
- Mariah Carey Spends Halloween with Kids, Ex-Husband and New Boyfriend - November 2, 2015
- Aerosmith Threatens Trump for Using “Dream On” at Events - October 12, 2015
- Jersey Shore’s JWoww is Married and Expecting Second Baby - October 4, 2015
- Mattel Creates Limited Edition Zendaya Barbie Doll - September 28, 2015
- Gwen Stefani to Collaborate with Urban Decay in new Makeup Line - September 21, 2015
- Kelly Osbourne Would Consider Return to Show If “Certain People Weren’t There” - August 24, 2015
- Taylor Swift’s Wins Stand Off with Apple - August 22, 2015
- Taylor Swift Dedicates ‘Never Grow Up’ to Her New Godson - August 17, 2015
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Divorce After 17 Years - August 3, 2015
- Zayn Malik Calls DJ a ‘Fat Joke’ on Twitter - July 13, 2015